Monday, October 6, 2008

Knowing me.. knowing you..

Me as a blogger known as mj.. mjcob.. for you out there who just knew me, me named by my parents MELANIE ... my hubby call me "Cece", my kids call me "Mama".. my friend who knew me called me by the name of Mel.. my siblings call me Mel Cece..

Did the meaning of your name affects yourself?

Meaning of my name..


Pronounced: MEL-ə-nee (English), ME-lah-nee (German)


From the French form of the Latin name Melania, derived from Greek μελαινα (melaina) meaning "black, dark". This was the name of a Roman saint who gave all her wealth to charity in the 5th century. Her grandmother was also a saint with the same name.

The name was common in France during the Middle Ages, and was it introduced from there to England, though it eventually became rare. Interest in it was revived by the character Melanie Wilkes from the novel 'Gone with the Wind' (1936) and the subsequent movie adaptation (1939).


Want to now the meaning of your name, just visit the site.. there's a lot of name you can find here.. for the newly married couple who's going to become a parents.. then you can find your child name here too.. Actually, there's a lot of website for names finding but i chose this one.. coz it's easier..


Back to my question, is it affect yourself..? For me, names didn't affect you at all, it's only a name.. Identification of oneself.. so tidak lah kena panggil "ui-ui" or "woi" (sound cursing, right?) One of my son, we named him MARK.. but he always ask me to change his name to Max.. He complaint that his classmates seldom jeers him " Mak.. mak nasi lemak".. that's why lah.. You know how I persuade him to appreciate his name.. I told him that, most celebrities by that name become popular. I shows him lah kunun on TV (asal ada nama Mark ni) so apalagi kembang ni.. I told him again, you'll be like one of them when you grown up.. (harap-harap lah kan..) Senangkan pujuk anak kecil, biarpun you don't know anything actually.. lol.. But still, till now.. he never complain again...

My 2nd son,

MARK JAVIER JACOB





2 comments:

KaDusMama said...

aiseh..special juga ur name nie ah!! :)
Last time i choose my son's name Isaac which means..He, who smile!! Nah sekali..betul2 kuat senyum and ketawa nie.. :)
But ur son punya kawan ni bah..jahat juga panggil nasi lemak kan..!!

-mel- said...

ya ba.. tau la budak2 ni.. n 2 u, bersediala bila Isaac same level mcam c Mark.. fuhhh!!! macam2 perangai keluar ni.. hehehe..